30 January 2009

Popcorn post!!!!!

So, I decided today that I needed to update, but I am in a very random mindset right now, so I'm going to post this old school style: the popcorn format.

Here are my thoughts:
  • I have a new puppy! She is a three month old Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) named Lucy. I think she is adorable, but Scooter is still not too sure about her. I'll have to post pictures sometime.
  • I really love books that have short chapters. The shorter chapters some how can keep me engaged even if the book is long and complex. I just don't like having no place to "take a breath" while reading. I like lots of pause.
  • I am super excited about the Student Ministries right now. We are beginning to implement the changes that I believe will help lead us to a place of growth. 4-R Savior Student Ministries will launch this summer!
  • My brother gets married in a few months, I am one of the best men, and I think that is super cool! I can't wait to celebrate on the beach with Nate and Kristen!!!
  • I think my greatest fear is that the modern church, or my church, would be like the church of Sardis. I don't want to look alive and be dead.
  • I am listening to Bethany Dillon, and I haven't done that in forever.
  • I am only starting to realize the faith of Abraham's willingness to give up everything and trust God with his life.
  • I am itching to play Head Coach 2009. I haven't played it in about 2 weeks.
  • Pondering...what does Sabbath look like
  • I have found a Max Lucado book that I really enjoy. It isn't a popular one. It's called "When Christ Comes" and its his look at Biblical passages concerning the end of time. Very different from anything I've ever read about this subject.
  • The three words I most want to hear from Jesus: you are worthy. (See Revelation 3:4 for this one).
  • Have you ever wondered who discovered/invented Jello?
  • I realized today that I have seen way too many movies.
  • I want to leave you with a quote of the day...or maybe of the week, I don't know
"Did you mean that you were going to put in a kennel?"--Jack White

Thanks for reading and God Bless

No comments: